Connection of SAP Business Processes with Enterprise Content
Increase productivity and reduce costs and risks
OpenTextTM Extended ECM (short xECM) for SAP® Solutions extends SAP® business applications (ERP, CRM, SRM, …) with comprehensive ECM functions for file and document management, records management and collaboration.
- Bridging the gap between structured data in SAP® Business Suite applications and the associated (unstructured enterprise content (documents, e-mails, images, …)
- Increase the efficiency of content-specific SAP® business processes
- Control unstructured content across the enterprise
- Increase process efficiency by connecting SAP® business processes with associated enterprise content and promoting collaboration across application and system boundaries
- High level of consistency and control through the use of SAP® data, structures, and organizational and organizational authorizations
Categorization of unstructured content
- Reduce risk by controlling enterprise content throughout the lifecycle
- Reduce costs by digitizing paper documents and the associated handling and archiving costs
Business WorkspacesThe focus of xECM is on so-called workspaces. They are often created in relation to a leading SAP® business object (customer, vendor, purchase order, order, material, etc.) and serve the centralized and structured filing as well as the authorization-controlled retrieval and inspection of enterprise content (documents, e-mails, pictures , …).
In addition to the structured representation of enterprise content in the center of a workspace, all process-relevant business data from SAP® can also be integrated so that a user receives a complete 360-degree view of all current data and documents for a business case. With the help of workflows information, processing and approval processes can be supported.
xECM can be integrated into many user interfaces so that a user can access a workspace directly from his preferred working environment (SAP, Microsoft Windows / Office / Outlook / SharePoint, Web / Portal, mobile devices).